JHS Emperor V2 Chorus/Vibrato *Free Shipping in the USA*
In 2014 we brought you the Emperor V1, a 100% Analog
Chorus/Vibrato with Tap Tempo. Now in 2018 we are proud to bring you the
There are two ways to look at the JHS Pedals Emperor Analog
Chorus/Vibrato pedal. The Emperor V2 is a vintage-correct effect that
absolutely nails the hard-to-find sound of the Arion SCH-1...but its
also a do-it-all modulation solution whether you want a subtle sheen,
convincing rotary simulation, or seasick vibrato. It utilizes a Bucket
Brigade 3207 chipset to deliver the warmth of ‘80s-style analog chorus
pedals and we've added enough onboard and outboard control to put you in
command of every aspect of the Emperor’s voice. Whether spreading its
warm tones or icy sheen to a pristine-sounding stereo rig... or
utilizing an external expression pedal to cop realistic rotary speaker
sounds on a blues gig, the Emperor can do it all.
So much modulation
We call the Emperor an analog chorus/vibrato. That’s just because
calling it a true analog chorus/pitch vibrato with tap tempo/waveform
selection/rotary speaker simulation/true stereo output/and more pedal
would have been a pain to write every time.
- The glorious tones of a real-deal, 3207 chipset bucket brigade topology
- Mini toggle switch selects between chorus and vibrato effects
- Three available waveform types (sine, square, and triangle)
- Intuitive controls for Volume, EQ, Speed, and Depth
Updated Tone Shaping Capabilities
Making a good thing better? Yes please. The Emperor V1 had a Tone
control which has now become the EQ control in the Emperor V2. We've
replaced the passive tone control in the V1 with an active EQ control
that functions as a Tilt. You'll now have much more tone shaping
capability in the V2. The overall EQ control is much improved in the
Emperor V2 and you will not lose any low-end sometimes commonly found
with chorus/vibrato pedals.
In-depth tempo control
To control the rate of the Emperor’s effect, simply turn the Speed
knob up and down or tap the tap tempo footswitch. Or for the more
adventurous among us...plug in an expression pedal for variable control
in real time. And you can even slave the pedal to other tap-controlled
pedals for rhythmic consistency across all your effects.
- Control the rate with the onboard Speed knob or tap tempo footswitch
- Internal Tap/Exp mini switch controls the side-mounted Tap/Exp TRS jack
- Use an external source to control the rate in the Tap Out setting (works great with our Panther Cub Delay and Unicorn pedals).
- LED indicator notifies you of the effect’s tempo, even when disengaged
A few extras
You knew we would throw in a few extra features for you, didn’t you?
Of course we did. When designing the Emperor, we conveniently and
inconspicuously tucked in stereo output and the ability to select
between buffered or true-bypass operation.
- Plugging TRS splitter cable into the output jack is all it takes to wring true stereo output from the Emperor
- Internal switch changes from buffered to true-bypass operation**
- High-quality buffer helps drive long cable runs and in-depth pedal setups while restoring high-end loss
This pedal requires standard 9V DC Negative power, consumes 57 mA, and measures 2.6"x4.8"x1.6".
There are a lot of penguins out there but only one Emperor.